Irish Open 2019 – 7/8th of September
This Year the Irish Open will take place on the 7th and 8th of September 2019. It will be held in the Knockbracken Reservoir in Belfast. This is the home of the Junior International Championships and the Irish Open will be the 1st Senior International Tournament to be held at the venue.
There will be four open and mixed gender categories in this years Irish Open consisting of:
- Division 1
- Division 2
- Division 3
- Under 15’s. (Must not be 15 before the 1st of January 2019)
There will be 4 full sized regulation pitches, Pitch 1 will hold all 4 finals and can be observed from the seated grand stand.
The Knockbracken Reservoir is home to a wide range of facilities and camping located beside the pitches.
Standard Pitch – up to 4 campers – £10 per night (Booking Link to Open closer to date)
Double Pitch – up to 8 campers – £20 per night (Booking Link to Open closer to date)
All campers have access to toilets, showers and the Clubhouse
If any of the teams need a food deal – this can be purchased for £20 per day – breakfast, lunch and dinner. This will be served at the waterside.
Camping, meals and pods are available through LetsGoHydro. Pod hire is £60 per night without linen and £80 with linen. The pods hold 4 people.
- Knockbracken Reservoir is located 25 minute drive south of George Best City Airport, for those flying into Belfast City, airport transfers can be arrange if contact well in advance.
- Dublin Airport is also a good option and the venue is less than 2 hours drive from the airport.
- Belfast Port is 30 minutes from the venue and has crossings that go out from Liverpool Port and Cairnryan Port in Scotland.
- Dublin Port is a 2 hour drive from the venue and has crossings going from Liverpool and Holyhead.
We are looking to organise live music at the venue for the Saturday night where teams can relax and enjoy the evening at the venue. There are also local bars and restaurants and the center of Belfast City is a taxi ride away for those looking for alternative options.
Early Bird prices are until the 18th of August and the late entries begin on the 26th of August.
Team Entry: €100 (Early Bird), €120 & €140 (Late Entry)
University teams: €70 (Early Bird) €100 & €140 (Late Entry)
Junior Teams: €50, €60 (Late Entry)
International teams are free to enter. (Teams travelling from outside the island of Ireland)
Entries Close on the 31st of August
If entries are fully booked and you wish to avail of a possible drop-out please contact email@example.com
Date(s) - 07/09/2019 - 08/09/2019
Belfast Kayak Academy