Who we are and what we do:
The National Canoe Polo Association (herein referred to as Canoe Polo Ireland) is a Technical sub-committee of Canoeing Ireland and is responsible to Canoeing Ireland for the development and promotion of Canoe Polo in Ireland at all levels, save those elements which are specifically assigned to the Board of Canoeing Ireland by its Memorandum and Articles of Association and Rulebook. Canoeing Ireland is the Governing Body for paddlesport in Ireland and is a Sport Ireland recognised National Governing Body.
Canoe Polo Ireland functions include:
- Giving guidance to members, setting standards and guidelines for the canoe polo discipline.
- Developing the sport by providing equipment, resources and training.
- Organising and supporting the organisation of national competitions
- Growing our sport and Developing players through national initiatives such as the Junior Development Programme
- Promoting Ireland at international competitions by preparing, helping and developing squads.
Our website address is: https://www.canoepolo.ie
The Canoeing Ireland website address is: https://canoe.ie/
GDPR and You
The Canoeing Ireland GDPR guidelines are the primary guidelines governing how your information is used by Canoeing Ireland, your choices and rights and the systems and processes used to managed your membership and other data.
The information provided below is supplemental to this and just applies to additional information managed by the Canoe Polo Ireland committee.
How We Process Data
Canoe Polo Ireland maintains a database of competition entrants. The information is collected by Canoe Polo Ireland when members enter a competition.
Canoe Polo Ireland also maintain a mailing list hosted by a third party called MailChimp.
For certain events, we will use a payment processor – Paypal.
How this data is used:
Competition Information – All information on the database is provided through events run or sanctioned by Canoe Polo Ireland. The information, provided by you on the database is passed to the sanctioned competition organisers only that consent has been given for. The details the individuals put on the database may be used after an event to promote an award given or a special recognition to an athlete for outstanding achievement. The permission to use the photographs from the event will be recorded by the event waiver form and rule book when signing up. Please email the event organiser if you wish to remove consent at a later date.
Email Subscriptions – Emails provided by users when subscribing to our newsletter are processed by MailChimp
At any stage you can contact the Canoe Polo Ireland team on email@example.com and we will respect your request to stop processing your data. Please be aware that requests to remove your information prior to an event could subsequently see you not participate in that event as that information might be required for the event.
You can choose to stop receiving our newsletter at any stage by using the unsubscribe link provided in all email.
When we will share your information:
Canoe Polo Ireland will only share information with a 3rd party with your consent. Below is a list of 3rd parties Canoe Polo Ireland uses and their purpose (please see also the Canoeing Ireland GDPR guidelines)
- Blacknight – Website Hosting
- MailChimp – Mail sending and subscription service
- Google Email and Documents – used by all committee members
How we protect your data:
All personal information is treated confidentially and with respect for the benefit of Canoe Polo Ireland and its members in accordance with the Data Protection Act and GDPR. (please see also the Canoeing Ireland GDPR guidelines)
You have the right to:
- Ask Us For Access To, Or Rectification Of Your Data Held by us
- Restrict Processing (Pending Correction Or Deletion)
- Object To Communications
- Ask For The Transfer Of Your Data Electronically To A Third Party (Data Portability)
- Opt Out at Any Stage by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to email@example.com
- If you wish to request access to any of your personal information held by Canoeing Ireland, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish to amend the type of communications you receive or the way in which the database contacts you, please contact: email@example.com
- If you have any concerns or queries about this policy, or about how we hold and use your data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The legal basis for processing your personal data for the interdependent purposes set out above is that it is necessary for the pursuit of Canoe Polo Ireland’s legitimate interests (carried out on their behalf through the database), or the carrying out of a task in the public interest.We always handle your personal data securely and minimise its use, and there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information for these purposes. In addition, there is no statutory or contractual requirement for you to provide us with any personal data.The controller for your personal data is Canoe Polo Ireland and can be contacted at email@example.com
- Where you exercise your right to erasure or unsubscribe from a mailing list, Canoe Polo Ireland through will continue to maintain a core set of personal data (name, email address) to ensure Canoe Polo Ireland does not contact you inadvertently in future. Canoe Polo Ireland may also need to retain some financial/personal records about you for statutory purposes (e.g. competition entry fees paid). If you have any concerns about any personal data that may be held by Canoe Polo Ireland, contact firstname.lastname@example.org